If you're a sucker for molten chocolate cake, this sweet little snack is for you. The espresso powder enhances the chocolate flavor and gives it a little kick of caffeine, making it a better choice for the afternoon instead of around bedtime.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 dollop whipped cream
1. Spray a 6-ounce mug with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, espresso powder, sugar and salt.
3. In another small bowl, whisk the butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract together. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into the bottom of the mug. Place in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds. If the top of the cake still looks very wet, cook for another 10 seconds. Allow the cake to sit for 1 minute to fully cook. Enjoy!