- 8 cups assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc), cleaned
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 pinch salt
This easy cobbler makes the most of spring and summer berries. Use a mix of your usual favorites, get creative with some wild berries, or just use whatever is available and in season. It's super easy to prepare, and you can keep extra streusel in the freezer for future use.
Technique tip: Reduce the amount of sugar in the filling if your berries are very sweet. Make streusel ahead of time and put in zip-lock bag in freezer. It's OK if the streusel is frozen when places on berries before baking.
Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 350°F.2.
In large bowl, mix together fruit, cup sugar, lemon zest and juice.3.
Place fruit mixture in the baking dish.4.
In a separate bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients. Use you fingertips to blend mixture together. Sprinkle the mixture over fruit.5.
Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.