These crispy grilled cheese bites are great for parties! The bold blue cheese and spicy chicken give them an unexpected and unforgettable pop of flavor.
- 6 slices soft white bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
1. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with the butter.
2. Place the blue cheese and heavy cream in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth.
3. Spread the pureed blue cheese over the top of one side of each slice of bread.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken and hot sauce and arrange it over the blue cheese puree on one slice of bread. Place the pepper jack cheese on top of the chicken and cover it with the other slice of bread to form a sandwich, blue cheese puree-side down.
5. Heat a griddle on top of the stove on medium-high.
6. Grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
7. Slice the sandwich into 8 small pieces and serve.