This recipe could not be any easier or fun to make. My kids love to get involved and using store-bought pie crust is a great shortcut!
Technique tip: Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the pie dough.
- One 15-ounce box refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon seedless jam
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 16 candy eyeballs
- Powdered sugar, for serving
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Working one at a time, unroll each pie crust and cut out four 5- by 2¼-inch rectangles (four from each pie crust). Cut remaining pie crust scraps into 1/2-inch wide strips.
3. Spread 2 teaspoons jam on each rectangle and top with strips of pie dough in mummy wrapping pattern, trimming the edges to fit.
4. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and brush the mummy strips with egg.
5. Bake until golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. Top each mummy pie with 2 candy eyeballs and dust with powdered sugar.