Finger food is inherently romantic, and the slightly spicy and sweet notes of this recipe are sure to get your taste buds tingling. Plus, since it's served room temp, it's perfect to make ahead so you don't have to worry about being stuck in the kitchen all night.
Swap option: Sub out a mixture of diced sweet potatoes and mushrooms for the chicken for a vegetarian delight!
- 1/2 pound diced rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Thai chili paste (sambal olek)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 green onion, whites only, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Candied almonds, homemade or store-bought, for garnish
- Sesame-scallion dressing, homemade or store-bought
1. Combine the hoisin, garlic, honey, soy sauce, chili paste, and green onion whites in a medium bowl. Add the diced chicken and stir to completely coat the meat in marinade. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Separate the leaves of the head of lettuce. Find the smallest inner leaves and arrange them on your serving platter. Spoon chicken into the lettuce cups (they should be about 2-bite sized).
3. Drizzle the filled lettuce cups with dressing, and garnish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and chopped candied almonds.