Deli roast beef is an easy way of serving beef at a party without having to do any cooking! I love layering it into toasted slider buns and topping with a quick Argentinean-style chimichurri herb sauce you can make right in the blender.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves and top of stems
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 12 slider buns, halved and toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chimichurri sauce:
Combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, red pepper, vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
For the sliders:
Spread bottoms of slider buns lightly with mayo. Layer on several slices of roast beef. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then top with a generous spoonful of chimichurri sauce. Add bun tops and serve with additional sauce on the side.