Pack all the creamy, cheesy flavor and crisp crunch of Caesar salad into an easy-to-eat bite. Top with crumbled pancetta, Parmesan cheese or crushed croutons on top for flavor and garnish.
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-ounce bunch Romaine lettuce, leaves finely chopped
- Eight 8½-inch diameter rice paper rounds
For the dressing:
In a bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
For the spring rolls:
In a bowl, mix finely chopped salad with a small amount of dressing (just enough to bind ingredients). Set aside.
Pour some warm water into a large shallow dish. Submerge one rice paper round in water until it begins to soften, about 45 seconds. Place on a sheet of parchment paper. Place small amount of filling in center of rice paper. Tightly roll into a cylinder, enclosing filling. Repeat with remaining rounds. Cover with a dampened paper towel or wrap in plastic. Chill. Can be made 4 hours ahead.
When ready to serve, remove from plastic and cut each piece into three 2-inch long pieces. Stand upright on platter and top with a spot of dressing.