- 3 ounces gin
- 2 lemons
- Grated zest and juice of 2 tangerines
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 750-ml bottle dry champagne or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, tangerine juice and honey in a cocktail shaker or any container with a fitted lid; cover and shake.
- Put the sugar on a small plate and sprinkle the lemon and tangerine zests on top. Rub the rims of 6 champagne glasses with the lemon wedge, then gently roll in the zesty sugar.
- Divide the gin-citrus mixture among 6 glasses and top with the champagne.