Grilled Mexican corn is an exciting way to kick up the all-time favorite summer side! It adds so much flavor, you may never be satisfied with just butter ever again.
All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning (makes 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hatch chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 6 ears sweet corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning (recipe above)
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 6 lime wedges
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then transfer to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Set aside.
For the corn:
1. Clean, oil and preheat grill to high.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, lime zest and lime juice and set aside.
3. Once the grill comes up to temperature, grill the corn for approximately 2 minutes per side, creating a nice charred exterior.
4. Once the corn has been completely cooked, transfer to serving dish and generously spoon or brush on the cream mixture to evenly coat the corn.
5. Crumble the cotija cheese on corn and season with all-purpose barbecue seasoning. Serve with additional lime wedges.