- 1/4 cup blue curaçao
- 1 cup white coconut rum
- 2 cups limeade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- Lime slices, maraschino cherries and cocktail umbrellas, to garnish
- 3 cups limeade
- 1 12-ounce can coconut seltzer
- 1 12-ounce can lemon-lime soda
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- Blue food coloring (about 3 drops)
- Lime slices, maraschino cherries and Swedish fish, to garnish
You'll feel those tropical breezes with just one sip of these fun ocean blue summer party drinks! The boozy version is made with coconut rum and blue curaçao, while kids and other nondrinkers can enjoy an easy nonalcoholic variation made with coconut soda.
For the mermaid limeade:
Combine blue curaçao, coconut rum, limeade and fresh lime juice. Fill four cocktail glasses with ice. Divide rum limeade between glasses and top each with a splash of soda. Garnish with lime slices, maraschino cherries, and cocktail umbrellas.
For the virgin mermaid limeade:
Combine limeade, coconut seltzer, lemon soda and coconut extract. Stir in blue food coloring 1 drop at a time until drink is bright blue. Serve over ice garnished with limes, cherries and Swedish fish.