- 3 ounces sharp aged cheddar cheese, shredded medium-fine
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded medium-fine
- 4 ounces lager beer
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 shakes mustard powder
- 2 shakes paprika
- 5 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ ounces barbecue sauce, like KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 ounces store-bought or homemade cooked shredded beef brisket, chopped (cooked roast beef is a suitable substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon diced tomatoes, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped scallions, for garnish
- Artisan breads, seasonal vegetables, apple slices and charcuterie, for dipping
What’s better than an ooey gooey pot of melted cheese? One with smoky brisket! This crowd-pleasing dip comes together in just a few minutes and is great for year-round entertaining.
In a small bowl, add the cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Stir to combine and set aside.2.
Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. You may also want to use a conventional double boiler. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and add the beer, then place a fork inside the metal bowl.3.
Add the chopped garlic, mustard powder and paprika. Stir with the fork to combine.4.
Add 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.5.
Add the next 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.6.
Add the remaining 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly, using a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese, until it is fully melted and combined.7.
Add the pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir with the fork to combine.8.
Add the barbecue sauce and brisket. Stir with the fork to combine.9.
Garnish the center of the cheese with the diced tomato and scallions.10.
Serve with artisan breads, seasonal vegetables, apple slices and charcuterie for dipping.