These mini Oreo-grasshopper pies will satisfy any craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream. Each pie may be small, but there's no shortage of flavor here. Perfect for spring and summer entertaining, these (semi) bite-sized treats will cool folks down and have the kids lining up for seconds.
Mini Oreo Grasshopper Pies
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (or other chocolate cookie crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint (2 cups) mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Crème de Menthe or a few drops peppermint extract
1. Grease 12 mini muffin cups or spray with nonstick spray (or use nonstick muffin cups). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together 1½ cups of the cookie crumbs and the butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes, until fragrant and firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, using a large rubber spatula, mix together the ice cream, whipped cream and Crème de Menthe or peppermint extract. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups over the crust. Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cookie crumbs on the pies before serving.