During spring and summer, you can bet on an abundance of fresh fruit. Instead of letting extra stone fruits and berries go to waste, put them to use in this delicious tart. The flavors will blend together seamlessly and guests will definitely be impressed.
Technique tip: The dough must be frozen for 15 minutes. It can also be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 days.
Special equipment: Food processor.
Fresh Any-Fruit Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter
- 1/2 cup jam (any flavor)
- 3 to 4 cups chopped fruit and/or whole berries
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until a crumbly dough forms. Dump the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan and use your fingers to press the dough evenly into the pan. Use a fork to prick dough all over. Freeze for at least 15 minutes and up to 3 days.
2. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the crust on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until it’s set and golden brown at the edges, 12 to 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
3. Spread your favorite jam on the bottom of the crust. Top with the fresh fruit, making a nice mound in the center. Slice, serve and enjoy!