- 2 (16-ounce) containers hummus
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped drained canned artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup Versatile Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- pita chips and/or crudités, for serving
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
This can be prepared the day before any event. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette. This is a great option for those who are done to death with other layered dips — such a healthy, fresh alternative.
For the dip:
Spoon the hummus in a large trifle dish. Top with the cucumber, feta, red peppers, olives, artichoke hearts and mint. Drizzle with the Vinaigrette. Serve with the pita chips and/or crudités.
For the Versatile Vinaigrette:
Whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until smooth.
Note: You can use a food processor to combine the oil and the acid, but it’s easy to overprocess the liquids and they can become thicker than gravy. If the dressing gets too thick, add water to thin the dressing; do not add more oil, because that will only make the problem worse.