This Mediterranean masterpiece looks almost too pretty to eat…almost! It’s loaded with fiber, heart-healthy fat and yummy flavor. It makes a beautiful appetizer to serve your guests or bring to a get-together. It will be the hit of the party.
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought hummus
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- 1/2 4-ounce can of sliced black olives
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chives and scallions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced bell peppers, cucumbers, endive spears, whole grain crackers
Using a spatula, flat knife or spoon, spread hummus out evenly on a cutting board (19- by 14-inch works well), creating decorative waves.
Sprinkle on smoked paprika, olives, onion, chives and scallions (or any other preferred herbs). Then, drizzle on olive oil.
Surround with sturdy vegetable scoopers, including sliced bell peppers and cucumbers, endive spears, and whole grain crackers. Then, dig in!