- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 slice bread, crust removed
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal or beef
- 1/3 pound mortadella, minced
- 1 pound small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 clove large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon white or red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat milk in a small pan until warm but not scalded.
Turn off heat.
Place the bread in the milk and let sit to absorb the milk, turning once, about 1 minute per side.
Remove the bread to a board, finely chop it and place the bread in a large bowl.
Add the pork, veal, mortadella, onion, parsley, cheese, nuts, garlic, eggs, wine, salt and pepper to the bread.
Using your hands, mix to combine completely.
Form into an oval-shaped loaf and place in a large baking dish.
Cook for 55 minutes.
Let rest 10 minutes before serving.