I love the contrast of the creamy polenta, tangy tomato sauce and beefy meatballs in this recipe. Each element brings its own distinct flavor and texture to the dish while still complementing the other ingredients.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups instant polenta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Leftover meatballs, warmed
1. Heat milk and heavy cream in a large pot, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Slowly add the polenta stirring constantly for 6-7 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Remove from heat, stir in mascarpone and Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Plate the polenta and serve with warm meatballs on top.