This recipe takes the classic potato salad that everyone loves and elevates the flavor profile with a rustic char on the potatoes. The maple syrup — instead of the white sugar used in typical potato salads — brings in a richer finish that complements the pork chops and supplies added nutritional benefits and antioxidants.
- 3 pounds yellow fingerling or small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 green onions, grilled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oregano, for garnish
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Place potatoes in a pot covered with salted water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook potatoes until they are soft enough to be pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes, transfer them to a bowl and let them cool in refrigerator. Once cool, cut potatoes in half and toss with 1/2 cup olive oil. Set aside.
3. In separate bowl, blend maple syrup, olive oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Season vinaigrette with salt and set aside.
4. Place potatoes flesh side down on the grill and cook until lightly charred.
5. In large bowl, toss potatoes, green onions, peppers, onions and vinaigrette. Season with salt, as needed, and garnish with oregano. Serve immediately.