- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick, rinsed well
- 1 bunch carrots (about 6), peeled and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- Coarse salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving
Whip up a batch of Martha Stewart's 5-ingredient spicy carrot soup.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Cook leek until just soft, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and harissa, and season with salt. Cook until carrots are just soft, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes more.2.
Puree half the soup in a blender until smooth (be careful not to fill the jar of the blender more than halfway). Stir into remaining soup. Serve immediately, topped with parsley.