- 1/2 cup chopped garlic (from 10 to 12 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger (from a 3-inch piece)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (from 2 to 3 scallions)
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or pork, or a combination
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
- Assorted garnishes such as cilantro, sliced Thai chiles, chopped roasted peanuts, and hot sauce such as Sriracha
These mini Asian meatballs in lettuce cups are irresistible, and the perfect app for your next party!
Finely chop together garlic, ginger, and scallions. In a bowl, gently combine garlic mixture with ground beef, fish sauce, and salt. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.2.
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over high. Working in batches, fry meatballs until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per batch.3.
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and lime juice. Serve meatballs in lettuce cups, with lime mayonnaise, assorted garnishes, and lime wedges.