A flavorful marinade infuses these Korean-style short ribs with an irresistible blend of sweet and sour flavors. Serving the tender meat in crisp lettuce cups with crunchy veggies ensures that every bite is satisfying and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, plus more for serving
- 1½ pounds bone-in Korean-style flanken short ribs, 1/4-inch thick
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- Kimchi, gochujang paste, sliced cucumbers and Bibb lettuce, for serving
1. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, sesame seeds, garlic and scallions in a shallow dish. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Lightly oil grates.
3. Grill ribs until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve with kimchi, gochujang paste, sliced cucumbers and scallions and lettuce.