I love this recipe because it's quick and flavorful. This chicken can be eaten with rice for dinner then used in other recipes throughout the week.
Technique tip: Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and let come to room temperature before cooking.
Swap option: You can use pork or steak instead of chicken.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sriracha hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1. In a large zip-top freezer bag, combine the pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and Sriracha. Place the chicken thighs into the bag and zip. Gently massage the marinade into the meat and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to broil.
3. Transfer the chicken thighs onto a large sheet pan making sure they are spread out in one even layer and let come to room temperature.
4. Broil on the top rack for 14-16 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and charred around the edges.