This dish combines two super foods: anchovies and rosemary. Rosemary has been shown to increase blood circulation to the brain as well as containing anti-inflammatory immune system support compounds. Anchovies are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- Sea salt
- 12 fillets anchovies (I like to use the white Spanish "Boquerones" or pickled anchovies)
- 1/4 cup reserved frying oil from the crispy rosemary
- 1¼ pickled peppers, chopped (like pepperoncini or Spanish piparras)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. In a small pot, add the olive oil and garlic clove. Heat to 325° on a candy thermometer. Carefully fry the rosemary in the oil for 1 minute. Remove the fried rosemary leaves and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel. Season with sea salt.
2. Allow the infused oil to cool to room temperature, then discard the clove of garlic.
3. In a medium sized tray with a rim, arrange the anchovy fillets and top with 1/4 cup of the rosemary-and-garlic infused oil. Sprinkle with the chopped pickled peppers and the parsley. Finish with the crispy rosemary.
4. Enjoy on their own as a tapas snack, or mixed in with a salad.