This colorful bark is bursting with chocolate and mint flavors. It is also quick and easy to put together and makes a great holiday gift.
- 2 candy canes
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2 drops peppermint oil (optional)
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
1. Unwrap the candy canes and place them in a zip-top bag. Crush the candy canes with a rolling pin until you have small, even pieces.
2. Place 1 cup of the white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of barely simmering water and slowly melt the chocolate.
3. Remove the bowl from the pot. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips until melted. Set the chocolate aside but keep in a warm place. Add the peppermint oil, if using, to the white chocolate and gently stir to incorporate.
4. Repeat the melting procedure for the dark chocolate, only melting 1 cup of the chocolate and adding the remaining 1/2 cup after the bowl has been removed from the pot.
5. Line a 9- by 13-inch casserole dish with wax paper. Spread the white chocolate over the wax paper using a spatula or a spoon to cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Pour the dark chocolate over the white chocolate and spread out, spooning the white chocolate over and through the dark to create a marble effect. Immediately sprinkle the candy cane pieces evenly over the chocolate. Lightly tap the pan on a table to settle the chocolate slightly and help the candy cane pieces slightly sink in.
7. Let the bark sit at room temperature to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour before breaking into pieces and eating.