Add some pep to your popcorn with maple, butter and bacon. This sweet and salty treat will satisfy all your snack cravings.
- 8 cups plain yellow kernel popcorn, popped
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, plus more if desired
1. Pop 8 cups of yellow kernel popcorn, according to the package instructions, then place in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 450° F. Place bacon on a baking rack over a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Save bacon drippings. Once bacon is cool, break or cut it into small pieces.
3. In a medium sized pan, melt butter over medium heat. Allow butter to brown until tiny brown specks appear and a nutty aroma develops. Once butter has browned, turn heat to low and whisk in maple syrup, half of the bacon drippings, half of the bacon bits and salt.
4. Pour butter syrup over popcorn and fold over to evenly coat. Add remaining bacon on top of the butter and serve.