The sweet and salty flavors make this the most perfect almost dessert flavored popcorn for game days.
- 8 cups plain popped yellow kernel popcorn
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more
1. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Place bacon on a baking rack over a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown (save bacon drippings). Once bacon is cool, break or cut into small pieces.
4. In a medium sized pan, melt butter over medium heat. Allow butter to brown until tiny brown specks appear and a nutty aroma develops. Once butter has browned, turn heat to low and whisk in maple syrup, half of the bacon drippings, half of the bacon bits and salt.
5. Pour butter-syrup mixture over popcorn and fold to coat evenly. Add remaining bacon on top and serve.