These parfaits taste like the took hours to make, but they come together in just a couple of minutes using just a handful of ingredients. The fresh mango and toasted coconut add an irresistible tropical flavor to these treats.
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large ripe mangos, diced
- 1 store-bought pound cake, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- Shredded toasted coconut
1. Combine the heavy cream, sugar, coconut extract and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or in a bowl and use and handheld mixer) and beat until stiff peaks form.
2. Place a couple spoonfuls of diced mangoes at the bottom of 8 parfait cups. Top with a layer of diced pound cake, followed by a few spoonfuls of coconut whipped cream. Repeat with the rest of the mango, cake and whipped cream.
3. Garnish with toasted coconut.