Customize these quick and easy roll-ups with whatever kind of ground meat you prefer or by changing up the veggies. Warning: Your kids will keep asking for them.
Technique tip: If you leave the egg out of the ricotta mixture, the roll-ups can be frozen for up to 2 months. With the egg, they can be frozen for about 3-4 days.
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought, divided
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook lasagna noodles al dente.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, sausage, onion, salt, and pepper until fully cooked.
3. Add spinach and 1 cup of marinara sauce, and let simmer. Remove from heat.
4. In a bowl, combine ricotta, Italian seasoning, and egg.
5. Spread mixture over each lasagna noodle, then top with meat mixture. Roll up tightly and place in a disposable casserole dish.
6. Let cool completely, then freeze up to 4 days.
7. To bake, let thaw in the refrigerator during the day.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F.
9. Top with remaining 2 cups of marinara, cover tightly, and bake for 40 minutes.
10. Uncover, and top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted to your preference.