- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 New England-style split-top hot dog buns
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound fresh cooked Maine lobster meat, chilled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Brush half the butter onto the outer sides of your buns.
- Heat a 10 to 12 inch cast-iron pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, then toast the buns in the pan until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove the buns from the pan and gently pry open the tops.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise on the inside of each bun. Arrange a quarter of the lobster meat inside each bun.
- Reheat the remaining melted butter, if necessary, and stir in the lemon juice. Drizzle the mixture evenly over the lobster in each sandwich. In a small bowl, stir together oregano, thyme, celery salt, and pepper, then sprinkle a pinch of the seasoning mixture over each sandwich. Enjoy!