Pralines are a classic Louisiana confection. The crunchy nuts and creamy candy make them a wonderfully sweet treat.
- 7 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
1. Combine the butter, sugars and half-and-half into a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Heat the mixture to 240°F and cook for about 5 minutes, maintaining the temperature, without stirring.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and stir. Remove from the heat, toss in the pecans and fold them in. Continue stirring the hot candy mixture until it thickens.
4. Spoon out the candy mixture by the tablespoon onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let the candy cool completely.