This rich, cheesy quesadilla filled with fresh seafood and topped with fruity, savory salsa is everything you'd ever want to eat for lunch on the beach.
Technique tip: Use pre-cooked lobster claw meat and pre-grated cheese to save time.
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly cut on the diagonal, divided
- Two 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup cooked lobster meat, in chunks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sauce from a can of chipotles en adobo
- 1½ tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1½ tablespoons diced yellow bell pepper
- 1½ tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 1½ tablespoons diced apple
- 1½ tablespoons diced jalapeño
- 1½ tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
For the quesadilla:
1. Mix cheeses together in a bowl with half of the scallions.
2. Brush one side of both tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Flip one tortilla over and cover un-oiled side with cheese and scallion mixture. Generously dot chunks of lobster all over the cheese-scallion mixture.
3. Place the second tortilla on top of lobster-cheese topping, oiled side up. Set quesadilla aside.
For the chipotle-lime crema:
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well to combine. Set aside.
For the salsa:
In a small bowl, combine the peppers, apple, jalapeño and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the lime juice and stir well to combine. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Slide lobster quesadilla on to hot surface and toast, turning down the heat so as not to over-brown, peeking under the top tortilla to ensure cheese is melting. When the bottom tortilla is well browned, flip quesadilla and repeat browning process on the other side.
Once cheese is melted and the bottom tortilla is browned, remove from the pan and cut into 8 slices. Drizzle with chipotle-lime crema, garnish with salsa and remaining scallions and serve.