- 8 ounces mayo
- 7 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 2½ ounces lime juice, divided
- 1/4-1/2 ounce canned chopped chipotles in adobo, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 8 Roma tomatoes, seeded, liquid removed and diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 pound lobster meat
- 1 (12-inch) flour tortilla
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro Lime Sauce (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo (recipe above)
- 2 lime wedges
This lobster-loaded quesadilla is a light, sharable item that is easy to make for a crowd! It's the perfect summer appetizer.
Technique tip: The lobster meat is pre-cooked and needs less than a minute in the pan. You're warming the lobster, not cooking the lobster.
Swap option: Swap flour tortillas for corn tortillas to make this gluten-free.
For the Cilantro-Lime Sauce:1.
Mix mayo, sour cream, yogurt and 1 ounce lime juice, ensuring there aren't any lumps. This is the base sauce.2.
In a food processor, combine chipotles, cilantro, jalapeño and remaining lime juice.3.
Mix the two sauces together until homogeneous.
For the Pico de Gallo:
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. If using right away, add seasoning (lime juice and zest, salt and pepper). If prepping vegetables in advance, add seasoning just before use. The pico will get watery after the seasoning is added.
For the lobster quesadilla:1.
Warm lobster meat in a skillet in butter for 30 to 45 seconds until warmed through.2.
Heat the tortilla on griddle and sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over the surface of the whole tortilla.3.
Add warmed lobster meat to half the tortilla, then fold the tortilla over and continue to grill until cheese is melted.4.
Cut into fourths and garnish with the Cilantro-Lime Sauce, Pico de Gallo and lime wedges.