Is there anything better than nachos? Well, yes, lobster nachos. With caramelized onions, heirloom tomatoes and avocado, it won't just be a party in your mouth — it'll be a really freakin' fancy party.
- 1 pound lobster meat- tails and claw meat, cleaned well of shells
- 1 bag of organic, low-sodium, blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels cut from cob
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cups heirloom tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ripe avocados, diced large
- ½ cup non-fat sour cream
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ½ bunch of scallions, finely sliced
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
Toss the corn kernels with the flaxseed oil, and the melted ghee. In a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat, add the corn and caramelize, stirring frequently. Once caramelized, place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
To the corn, add the red onion, cilantro, tomato, cumin and coriander. Season the salsa to taste with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Cool.
Spread the blue corn tortilla chips over a baking sheet lined with foil. Drain the lobster well and add it to top the chips, spreading out evenly. Add the salsa over the lobster evenly. Sprinkle the crumbled queso fresco on top and place under the broiler until the cheese stars to melt.
Remove from broiler. Drizzle non-fat sour cream over the top. Garnish with scallions, avocado, squeeze of the lime and some more queso fresco. Serve immediately.