I love these meatballs because they take an upscale ingredient and turn it into a family-friendly dish that everyone can enjoy. Since eating lobster can be a challenging experience — especially for little ones — these meatballs make enjoying the sweet meat easy and delicious.
Swap option: For a cheaper option, substitute shrimp for lobster.
- 2 loaves Italian bread
- 1½ pounds cooked lobster, ground
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2¼ cups grated cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 eggs
- 8 cups marinara sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the crusts off of the bread and save for another use. Cut the remaining soft bread into small cubes and soak in water. Strain the bread using a colander and squeeze out excess water.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground lobster, garlic, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper. Add the strained bread and eggs and mix thoroughly. Gently form the mixture into meatballs, taking care not to squeeze.
3. In a sauce pot, warm the marinara sauce over low heat.
4. In a pan with about 1/2-inch olive oil set over medium-high heat, fry the meatballs until golden on all sides. Place into the warm marinara sauce and let simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve garnished with additional cheese and parsley.