I love the way the savory pulled pork pairs with the sweetness of the potato in this dish. It truly creates a flavor explosion in your mouth.
Technique tip: Be sure to pierce some holes in the sweet potatoes before baking them. This will help the potatoes cook more evenly and ensure they do not explode in the oven.
Swap options: If you want to make this recipe even easier, swap out the fresh salsa with your favorite jarred salsa.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cleaned and pierced with a fork
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup radish, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded pulled pork (recipe linked above)
- 1 avocado, diced
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce 4 to 5 times with a fork.
3. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine the onion, radish, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Once fully cooked, split each sweet potato in half and top with shredded pork, salsa and diced avocado.