Nothing pairs better with the smokiness of barbecue than the cool creaminess of a great potato salad. This version, which takes its cue from the classic loaded baked potato, is even better!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably Duke's
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 10 slices thin-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and reduce to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are tender.
Rinse the cooked potatoes under cold water to cool. Drain and add them to a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, chives, cheddar and bacon. Add the potatoes to the mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat evenly.