Nothing pairs better with the smokiness of barbecue than the cool creaminess of a great potato salad. This version, which takes its cue from the classic loaded baked potato, is even better!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably Duke's
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 10 slices thin-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Add sliced potatoes to large pot. Fill with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil until all slices are fully cooked and fork tender.
2. Remove potato slices from water and drain off water. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Add cooked potato slices and all other ingredients to a large bowl. Mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate for at least a half hour and up to 24 hours before serving.