This impressive recipe comes together in less than ten minutes and packs a flavor punch. Garlic, chorizo and white wine add big, bold flavor to ocean-fresh clams in this surprisingly easy recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dried chorizo, peeled, thinly sliced and cut in half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 24 littleneck clams, cleaned well
- 1/2 bunch flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Crusty bread, for serving
1. In a large non-reactive pan over medium flame, heat olive oil and add chorizo. Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté without browning for 1-2 minutes. Add onions and pepper, and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add wine and clam juice, bring to a boil, add clams and cover. Cook for about 4 minutes or until all the clams are open (longer if needed).
2. Remove clams with tongs to a serving platter, return broth to the stove and reduce by 1/3.
3. Ladle contents of pot over the clams and serve with crusty bread.