- 1 tablespoon salt + more to taste
- 1/2 pound linguini or other long pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 6-ounce bags baby spinach or 2 large bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a 6-quart pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and when it dissolves, stir in the linguini.
- While the linguini cooks, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach in handfuls and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted and tender.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers and cook just until heated through.
- When the linguini is al dente, add it to the spinach and peppers along with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water. Toss to combine and let the pasta cook for 30 seconds more to absorb the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crumbled feta. Taste a forkful and add salt if needed — the feta can often be salty enough to season the pasta on its own.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and serve immediately.