I love this easy frittata because it is so simple to make and showcases the wonderful flavor of fresh spring asparagus.
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
1. Remove and discard the tough lower ends of the asparagus. Cut the spears into 2-inch lengths.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the asparagus spears in olive oil, sprinkling them lightly with salt. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl with salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the asparagus, scrambling the mixture lightly with a fork. Cook 2 minutes, or less depending on the texture desired, until eggs are set, and serve immediately.