This sparkling punch is a quick, refreshing pour that everyone loves.
Technique tip: Freezing the lemonade as a large ice block will add flavor to the punch and also keep it from become diluted.
Swap option: Basil can be swapped for mint.
Special equipment: Bundt pan
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (such as Trader Joe's brand)
- 4 medium lemons, sliced
- 20 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- One 750-milliliter bottle sparkling wine (such as Prosecco or Cava)
- One 2-liter bottle lemon lime soda, preferably Sprite or Sierra Mist
- 1 liter sparkling water, preferably San Pellegrino
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup (recipe above)
- Mint leaves, for garnish
For the ice block:
Make lemonade according to package instructions and pour into bundt cake pan. Add the lemon slices and mint.
Cover with plastic wrap and put into the freezer for several hours until frozen solid.
For the simple syrup:
In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
For the punch:
Run hot water on the back of the bundt pan to loosen the ice block. Remove the lemonade ice block from the bundt pan and set it into the punch bowl.
Pour the sparkling wine, lemon lime soda, sparkling water, lemon juice and simple syrup over ice block and stir to combine. Float mint leaves on top of punch and serve immediately.