- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lemon zest and fresh mint make this rice bright and flavorful. It's great alongside rich, creamy dishes and simple grilled proteins.
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in rice, and allow to simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain rice into a strainer, and rinse with cold water until cool.2.
Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes.3.
Transfer rice and cooked onion to a bowl, and toss with mint, lemon zest, parsley, salt, lemon juice and remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Serve at room temperature.