These Brussels sprouts actually get all of my kids to rush to the dinner table to eat their vegetables. They flock to the table for these because of the irresistible zesty and cheesy flavors.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
2. Add Brussels sprouts and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add 1/3 cup coconut water and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute.
4. Add lemon juice, zest and Parmesan toss to coat.