When life gives you lemons, make lemon linguine! Super simple, light, fresh lemony pasta is perfect for summer.
Technique tip: Combine ingredients well and toss together to infuse flavors
Swap option: Add a splash of cream for a richer dish. You can also toss in vegetables and/or seafood.
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon juice, lemon zest and basil in a large sauté pan until well combined.
3. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the lemon sauce. Season with salt and pepper and toss together well. Add extra basil and extra Parmigiano Reggiano on top and serve.