- 1 cup light agave nectar
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 lemons
- 8 limes
- 16 small mint leaves, for garnish
- In a large heatproof and freezer-proof bowl, whisk the agave nectar into the hot water until it has completely dissolved. Add the lemon and lime juices and whisk until incorporated. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice a small portion off the bottom of each lemon and lime so that they can stand vertically on their own.
- Slice a larger portion off the tops and hollow out with a melon baller until no flesh remains inside the fruit. Set aside.
- Once the lemon-lime mixture is frozen, remove from the freezer and scrape it repeatedly with a spoon or the tines of a fork until the result is light, fluffy ice.
- Spoon the icy lemon-lime mixture into the lemons and limes and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately, while they're chilly!
Source: "Kewl Bites"