- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds lbs asparagus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Make lemon-garlic infused oil: Zest the peel of the lemon and mince garlic. Add to oil and let steep, overnight if possible. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
2. Salmon: Pat dry. Place on a sheet pan.
3. Asparagus: Trim off about ½-inch from the bottom of the spears.
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
2. Pour 2/3 of the lemon-garlic infused oil over salmon. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 14 to 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
3. Place asparagus on a sheet pan and toss with the remainder of the flavored oil. Roast in the oven with salmon, timing it so that the two items finish around the same time. Thinner asparagus spears should take 6 to 8 minutes, thicker ones 9 to 12 minutes.
4. Finish salmon and asparagus with lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper fresh out of the oven.