Can't decide which pie to eat? No problem! This recipe combines all of your leftover pies into one beautiful, layered trifle.
- Leftover pie, any kind will do but we recommend pumpkin, apple and pecan
- 2 cups soft vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecans
1. In a stand mixer combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Remove from mixer and set aside
2. In clear glass trifle bowl or clear glass decorative bowl, layer leftover pie in the bottom, drizzle ¼ cup of melted ice cream, sprinkle ¼ cup caramel sauce, spread 2 cups of whipped cream over first layer and repeat this process 4 times.
3. Store in the fridge until you're ready to serve then scoop out and enjoy.