- 1 pie, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups melted vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups whipped cream, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup chocolate or caramel sauce
- 4 cups brownies, chocolate cake or chocolate cookies, broken into small pieces
If your pie gets messed up, cracks or looks disastrous, break it up, add a few ingredients and turn it into a trifle! Or if you're looking at leftovers, this recipe can combine all of your leftover pies into a lovely layered dessert.
In clear glass trifle bowl or clear glass decorative bowl, layer 1/4 of the pie in the bottom, drizzle 1/4 cup of melted ice cream, sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate or caramel sauce, spread 2 cups of whipped cream over first layer and sprinkle the brownies, cake or cookies over the whipped cream. Repeat this process ending with pie.
Store in the fridge until you're ready to serve then scoop out and enjoy.