Not all Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches have to involve the stuffing and cranberry sauce. Indulge Philadelphia- style by stacking leftover sliced turkey, ham or roast beef from the holiday with sweet and spicy peppers, onions and Cheez Whiz.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow onion, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Cheez Whiz
- Soft Italian roll
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and divided
- Leftover turkey, ham, beef or brisket from Thanksgiving dinner (about 5 ounces), thinly sliced
1. In a hot sauté pan, bring olive oil to smoke point. Once smoking, add in green pepper, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Mix vegetables together and continue to sauté on high until onions start to caramelize. Reduce heat and let mixture cool in pan.
2. In a small sauce pot, bring heavy cream to a simmer with jalapeño. Once at a simmer, add in Cheese Whiz and whisk together until cream is fully incorporated into Cheez Whiz. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring and then bring heat to simmer.
3. Toast Italian roll with butter.
4. In a sauté pan, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter and reheat chosen, thinly sliced leftover meat. Mix in sauteed vegetables and then stuff bread with meat-vegetable mixture. Garnish with spicy cheese mix and enjoy.