This is the perfect summertime snack to whip up and share with friends. It's also a conversation piece that is perfect for parties since it can sit out. Its light texture and herbaceous notes sing to the season of summer.
Technique tip: Allow the goat cheese and mascarpone to come to room temperature before mixing with herbs to allow for easier incorporation.
- 8 ounces goat cheese, preferably Vermont Creamery, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, softened to room temperature
- 2 heaping tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 1 pinch salt
- Roughly chopped almonds (optional)
- Pear slices
- Apple slices
- Local honey
- Bread crisps
- Fresh lavender sprigs
- Thyme leaves
1. Combine goat cheese, mascarpone, herbs de Provence, and salt in the bowl of a mixer and blend until well incorporated.
2. Using your hands, shape into a ball and roll in chopped almonds.
3. Serve with crunchy pears, apples, local honey and bread crisps adding sprigs of fresh lavender and thyme for display.