- 1 pound ultra lean ground beef (90/10 or 96/4)
- 32 ounce tub of low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce 8-ounce can of chopped tomatoes in own juice
- 3 ounce egg whites
- 1/3 cup 2% fat shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated.
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 2/3 cup shredded zucchini
Brown beef in nonstick pan (sprayed with oil-spray).
Add veggies and sauté until soft.
Add blend of chopped tomatoes and marinara sauce.
Simmer for about 20 minutes.
In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese with egg whites and parsley.
Put about 1/4 cup sauce in a lasagna pan.
Add layer of noodles, cheese mix.
A total of 4 layers — 3 noodle layers, and 1 "zucchini noodle" layer.
Top with final layer of tomato sauce, and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, until golden brown — cheese is crispy and golden.
Light recipe: 390 calories per serving; 10 grams fatOriginal: 600 calories per serving; 32 grams fat