- 5 pound lamb stew meat
- 2 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 1/2 cup onion
- 2 1/2 cup fennel
- 2 1/2 cup Thyme
- 2 1/2 cup Oregano
- 2 cup port wine
- 1 quart veal stock
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Salt and pepper
- 3 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
Heat just over half of the olive oil in a hot braising pan and sear lamb stew meat until dark brown in color.
2. In the same pan, cook carrots, onion, fennel and herbs in the remaining olive oil and cook for 5 minutes to get some of the flavor from the vegetables.
3. Add port wine and let reduce in half.
Add veal stock, salt and pepper, and cover.
4. Cook in 350° oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Creamy Polenta1. Heat the milk and water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
While it is simmering, slowly add the polenta.
Stir constantly for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the mascarpone cheese.
Set the polenta aside.